National Golf Month
Gaylord Golf Mecca is the Perfect Place to Celebrate!
By Greg Johnson
August has been National Golf Month across the country since the PGA of America came up with the idea 30 years ago in 1993, and the Gaylord Golf Mecca’s wonderful combination of incredible summer weather and world-class golf fits perfectly every August with such a proclamation.
We consider the Mecca THE summer place for golf. We have our reasons. Here are five absolutely perfect reasons to come to the Mecca in August and celebrate National Golf Month.
- In other areas it’s too hot to play golf in August. Not here. We have perfectly pleasant mornings, afternoons, and evenings in the heart of beautiful Northern Michigan. The average August temperature in the Gaylord area is 76 during the day, and 54 at night.
- Long summer days mean more time for golf here on the western edge of the Eastern Time Zone. Twilight rounds are simply perfect. Play 18 until 8:00 or even later. Sunset on August 1 is usually after 9:00 p.m.
- Gaylord Golf Club, Lakes of the North, Treetops Resort, The Natural, Garland Lodge & Golf Resort, The Pines at Michaywe’, Indian River Golf Club, Otsego Resort and Black Lake Golf Club make up the Mecca and combined give you a perfect-number 17 golf course options. That’s 297 holes designed by architects including Robert Trent Jones and Tom Fazio.
- Need a place to stay that fits your style? The Gaylord Golf Mecca also has 20 lodging partners, who together count over 1,300 rooms, which means you can have anything you want or desire – resort rooms, great hotels, lakeside cottages, secluded cabins. Accommodations range from luxurious to rustic, from traditional to modern, from campfire to a fireplace that starts with the flip of a switch. How perfect is that?
- With all the Mecca offers it is easy to fit your budget – any budget perfectly. We hit all price points on golf and lodging. Visit gaylordgolfmecca.com then click on Packages & Specials.