THE GAYLORD GOLF MECCA: 18 Reasons to FALL For It!
By Greg Johnson
1. Trees for miles with colorful leaves framing green grass and vistas you will not believe. In fact, you have to see it to believe it.
3. The Mecca has 20 lodging partners with everything from luxury condominiums to quaint cabins, new hotels, cozy hideaways and more.
4. You can get here on a fall weekend so easily: Traverse City’s Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) is easy, a nice stress-free 60-mile drive away, and serviced by American, Delta and United.
5. For road trippers, it’s just 180 miles from Grand Rapids, 230 miles from Detroit, 360 from Chicago and 385 from Cleveland. Roll on up in the morning, play in the afternoon.
6. We can name drop with the designers of the courses here, as in Robert Trent Jones Sr., Tom Fazio, Rick Smith, Wilfred Reid, Rees Jones, Gary Koch, Jerry Matthews and more. Come experience their artistic golf creations!
7. You can truly get away from it all, especially on a course like The Natural where you play 18 different adventures in nature and you see more wildlife than people.
8. Indian River Golf Club is part of the friendly Indian River community that welcomes visitors for a round of golf on a fun course with understated classic lines.
9. Black Lake Golf Club not only has the acclaimed course designed by Rees Jones cut through amazing Northern Michigan terrain, but it is always in perfect shape.
10. Treetops Resort, which has five courses, is named Treetops for a reason. You can see from many spots so many beautiful trees, and in the fall it’s as if Mother Nature is showing off her best stuff!
11. Garland Lodge & Golf Resort named its courses Fountains, Monarch, Reflections and Swampfire. Those names fit, too. It is a gorgeous place and perfect getaway!
12. Lakes of the North Golf Course fits into a beautiful, relaxing, quiet, natural setting where people go to do what they choose. If you choose some golf, this is the place.
13. Gaylord Golf Club has been highly regarded for years upon years. The reason, it has been that good for years and years. Play some of the truest rolling greens anywhere.
14. Otsego Resort has two courses, including The Tribute, which is not only a tribute to the golf design of former PGA Tour player Gary Koch, but to nature as well. You will say wow a lot when you look around you! We suggest you bring a camera.
15. Michaywe’ Pines provides the classic course style many golfers grew up enjoying, only tucked in the beautiful Northern Michigan woods. It’s a favorite stop of many and we think it lowers blood pressure, too.
16. After golf, there are excellent restaurant choices at the member properties as well as in downtown Gaylord and the surrounding area. You don’t have to go far to go out for a great dinner in Gaylord.
18. We have mentioned the trees, the colors, the golf, the dining, the lodging, which tells you Gaylord is the entire package. Fall for it and visit. Call 800-345-8621 or click on gaylordgolfmecca.com.